Opposition party leader ends 24
时间:2023-12-08 17:17:25 出处:게임阅读（143）
Opposition leader Lee Jae-myung, who has been on a hunger strike in protest against what he called a slew of the Yoon government's policy failures, ended his fasting after more than three weeks, a party official said Saturday.
"Chairman Lee will end the hunger strike on its 24th day and begin treatment for recovery," Kang Sun-woo, a spokesperson for the main opposition Democratic Party, said in a briefing.
"The medical team treating Lee strongly called for Lee to call off the hunger strike as continuing it would have severely hurt his health," Kang said, adding that Lee is willing to carry out his work schedule in consultation with the medical staff.
On Thursday, the National Assembly voted to endorse the motion to lift Lee's immunity to arrest, reflecting a growing division among DP lawmakers, particularly those not aligned with Lee, in anticipation of next year's general elections.
A senior party official has said Lee will not step down as party leader. (Yonhap)
- LTI Korea announces winners of 2023 Korea Translation Award
- BTS' V joined by Jimin in solo fan meeting 'Vicnic'
- New book sheds light on ongoing debate and legacy of comfort women issues
- "당 망치는 응석받이"…안철수, 이준석 제명 서명운동 시작
- Passengers file complaints over burning smell on Gimpo Goldline
- TXT shatters records, tops charts with 3rd LP
- N. Korea threatens to strike US aircraft carrier
- Blackpink's Jennie makes solo debut on Official UK Singles Chart
- Mirae Asset Securities names new CEOs