Yoon appoints new defense, culture ministers without parliamentary confirmation
时间:2023-12-08 16:58:40 出处:요리阅读（143）
President Yoon Suk Yeol approved the appointments of new Defense Minister Shin Won-sik and new Culture Minister Yoo In-chon on Saturday, the presidential office said.
Shin, a lawmaker of the ruling People Power Party and a former vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, was nominated by Yoon last month. He replaced Defense Minister Lee Jong-sup who offered to resign amid the main opposition Democratic Party's push to impeach him over his handling of a military investigation into a young Marine's death.
Yoo, special presidential adviser for culture and sports, will replace Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Park Bo-kyoon.
Yoo had served as the first culture minister for former President Lee Myung-bak from 2008 to 2011.
The two were not confirmed by the National Assembly, but the presidential office said Yoon approved their appointments as the new ministers need time to prepare for the annual parliamentary audit set to kick off Tuesday. (Yonhap)
- Seoul high court sides with iPhone owners against Apple over ‘batterygate’
- Supreme Court acquits ex
- Jungkook, Red Velvet, Stray Kids, new YG girl group among year
- 美 ICBM '미니트맨
- LTI Korea announces winners of 2023 Korea Translation Award
- Asiana Airlines to sell cargo biz to smooth merger
- Seoul shares shoot up nearly 2% on Fed's back
- Exports log first rise in 13 months in sign of trade recovery for Korea
- GC Biopharma breaks ground for Indonesia’s first blood products plant